1st December 2019: The School of Légèreté is now accepting applications from experienced riding teachers who would like to be considered for a new UK 'Basic Training Course' with Master Teacher, Sylvia Stössel. The course comprises a minimum of 10 clinics held over a period of three and a half years. It prepares riders to take the 4-stage exam leading to the award of a Licence authorising the holder to teach the philosophy of Légèreté in Philippe Karl's name.
The current course (based in central England) will continue in 2020 and new applicants may be integrated alongside these riders as spaces become available. Depending on the level of interest, a new course may also be started at another location within the UK from 2021.
In order to make the change to the riding philosophy of Légèreté as easy as possible and to prepare yourself for the final exam in the best possible way, Philippe Karl strongly recommends you get in touch with licensed teachers or trainee teachers of the School of Légèreté well before the beginning of the three and a half year training.
How to apply
You will need to send the following documents
- curriculum vitae including a passport photograph
- letter explaining your motivation (remember to indicate the location you are applying for)
- completed questionnaire on your teaching experience (see below)
- Video showing your work with your horses and demonstrating your riding skills (contact the organiser to discuss file format)
Please also describe your teaching experience in detail by including your answers to the following questionnaire. (Note that one of the conditions for a successful application is that you should already have some experience in teaching, even if only part-time.)
- Are you a riding teacher? Since when?
- Do you give lessons regularly?
- How many riding students do you have per week? Per month?
- Are you teaching in a riding club? If yes, in which one?
- Are you salaried? Self-employed?
- Do you give clinics? If yes, where?
- Do you have owners' horses to ride?
- Do you train horses?
- Do you take riding lessons yourself? If yes, with whom? how often?
If you are accepted into a course, you will be required to sign a training contract, committing yourself to following the basic training course for the whole of its duration (i.e. three and a half years).
Please send your application to the following address:
School of Légèreté
The Holistic Equitation Centre
Training fees (for guidance only - fees for courses in 2021 to be confirmed)
For each rider on European clinics:
600 € per 4-day clinic or 450 € per 3-day clinic
(This is the training fee only, travel, food and accommodation of horse and rider are not included.)