The School of Légèreté is accepting applications from experienced riding teachers who would like to be considered for a new UK course.
In order to make the change to the riding philosophy of Légèreté as easy as possible and to prepare yourself for the final exam in the best possible way, Philippe Karl strongly recommends you get in touch with licenced teachers or trainee teachers of the School of Légèreté well before the beginning of the three-year training.
How to apply
You will need to send the following documents
- curriculum vitae including a passport photograph
- letter explaining your motivation (remember to indicate the location you are applying for)
- completed questionnaire on your teaching experience (see below)
- DVD showing your work with your horses and demonstrating your riding skills.
Please also describe your teaching experience in detail by including your answers to the following questionnaire. (Note that one of the conditions for a successful application is that you should already have some experience in teaching, even if only part-time.)
- Are you a riding teacher? Since when?
- Do you give lessons regularly?
- How many riding students do you have per week? Per month?
- Are you teaching in a riding club? If yes, in which one?
- Are you salaried? Self-employed?
- Do you give clinics? If yes, where?
- Do you have owners' horses to ride?
- Do you train horses?
- Do you take riding lessons yourself? If yes, with whom? how often?
If you are accepted into a course, you will be required to sign a training contract, committing yourself to following the basic training course for the whole of its duration (i.e. three years).
Please send your application to the following address:
School of Légèreté
The Holistic Equitation Centre
For each rider on European clinics:
600 € per 4-day clinic
(This is the training fee only, travel, food and accommodation of horse and rider are not included.)